Ob Gyn Associates Women's Health participates with many different insurance plans and will file on your behalf for reimbursement. It is your responsibility to know the details of your health insurance plan with regard to referrals, co-payments and percentage of coverage.
Decoding Your Insurance Coverage:
- Deductibles are paid out of pocket each year before insurance will begin paying claims. Each family member usually has a separate deductible.
- Co-Payments are flat fees charged each time you visit the doctor or use any medical service, regardless of the cost of the procedure.
- Coinsurance requires you to pay a percentage of the total cost of the service. Many insurance plans require either co-insurance or co-pay but some charge both.
We require your co-payment at the time of your visit. In addition to cash and checks, we also accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
If you have questions about your bill please call our office at 540.932.5577 or 540.932.5589.
Insurance Plans We participate with:
Ob Gyn Associates Women's Health participates with most of the major insurance providers in the area including Aetna, Anthem, Anthem Healthkeepers, CareNet, Cigna, Coventry/Southern Health, Every Woman's Life, Medicare, Medicaid, Optima, Tricare, United Healthcare, Virginia Premier, and Virginia Health Network. Please feel free to contact our office directly to inquire about our participation with your insurance provider.
Billing for Laboratory procedures: All laboratory procedures are billed separately from your office visit. You may receive a laboratory bill from the following:
- Augusta Health Laboratory: 540.932.4500
- Augusta Health Women's Imaging: 540.932.4486
- Blue Ridge Pathology: 540.932.5885
- NTD Laboratories: 631.425.0800
- Counsyl: 888.268.6795
- Sequenom (Materni T21): 1.877.821.7266
If you choose to have Genetic testing done, you could receive a bill from one of the laboratories listed above. If you receive a bill from one of these labs, please call the number listed for questions. If you need additional help, please do not hesitate to call our office.